Erin Kennedy, MCD, CERW, CMRW, CEMC, CPRW, BS/HR, is a Certified Executive Resume Writer & Career Consultant, and the Managing Director of Professional Resume Services, Inc. She is a nationally published writer and contributor of 16 best-selling career books. She has achieved international recognition following yearly nominations of the prestigious T.O.R.I. (Toast of the Resume Industry) Award. She is also one of only a few professionals worldwide to achieve the coveted “Certified Master Resume Writer” distinction. With over 17 years of writing experience behind her, Erin has written thousands of resumes for every career level and every industry.
**This year alone, 7 members of Erin’s resume writing team were nominated for the T.O.R.I. awards–the first company ever to have this many writers be nominated for an award! 3 writers received the award, while the other 4 were runners up!
A note from Erin:
Hello! As writers, presenters, contributors, coaches, and blog authors, our mission is to craft an authentic, branded, and confident resume for every executive and professional (you!) that will land you where you want to be (and have fun while doing it!).
We want you to GET EXCITED about your future! We’ll motivate and encourage you along the way while gently poking and prodding with targeted questions, all as part of my *unique* data mining process that helps me to create the show-stopping resume you need to win over the reader.
We’re so confident in our abilities, that we guarantee we will get you to the interview!
Why would we make such a bold claim?
Because our clients have been calling and emailing us for 15 years with great news and positive feedback. We see them get hired, in the jobs they want, again and again!
Because our writers are the “best of the best”. Award winners, nationally published authors, speakers, coaches, presenters, and TV and radio guests.
Because we have been trained by the pioneers of the resume writing industry and we continually seek out more training to stay on top of trends, strategies, and news.
Because our goal is to make sure you LOVE your resume. If you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy.
Let’s begin a collaborative, positive and fun journey. By the time we finish your project, you’ll be excited, hopeful and confident again. We promise.
Erin’s Credentials include:
– Master Career Director (MCD)
– Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM)
– Certified Empowerment and Motivational Coach (CEMC)
– Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW)
– Certified Expert Resume Writer (CERW)
– Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
– Authorized D.I.S.C. Assessment Administrator (DISC)
– Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resource Development (BS/HR)
– Minor degree in Labor Relations
– Quoted in Huffington Post, Mashable, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fast Company, FlexJobs, BioSpace and more!
– Regular contributor to dozens of career websites in various industries
– Interviewed by Fast Company Magazine.
– Resume Writing Partner and Industry Expert to over 1200 professional associations
– Resume Writing Partner of an internationally recognized finance publication (Wall Street Journal/FINS)
– Radio Guest, “Secrets of the Job Hunt” (podcast available on iTunes)
– Former Marketing & Sales Job Search Expert, Job-Hunt.org
– Committee Member, Resume Certification/Credentialing Committee, Career Directors International (CDI)
– Contributing Member/Blogger, Career Collective
– Expert Author, EzineArticles.com
– Michigan Career Coach Examiner, Examiner.com
– Featured writer, Alltop blogs
– Mentor, Career Director International’s Member Mentorship Program
– Featured Blogger, HealthcareITCentral.com, biospace.com, FINS.com, FlexJobs.com, Ask.com, and more
* Listed in Forbes “Top 100 Websites for Your Career”.
* Nominated by Career Directors International (CDI) for the Toast of the Resume Industry (T.O.R.I.) awards each year entered out of hundreds of writers and thousands of resumes, winning the award for “Best Executive Resume”.
* Regularly listed as a “Top Career Expert to Follow” on Twitter.
**Internationally recognized work as “Best of the Best” by peers and clients**
Forbes Coaches Council (FCC)
Career Directors International (CDI)
Professional Association of Resume Writers (PARW)
National Resume Writers Association (NRWA)
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
Career Thought Leaders (CTL)
“Resumes for Dummies”, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2015
“The Best Job Search Advice Book”, Devay Campbell, 2015
“Job Search Letters for Dummies”, John Wiley Publications, 2013
“Professional Cover Letter Examples for Managers and Executives”, Teena Rose, 2013
“Cracking the Code to Pharmaceutical Sales (2nd Edition)”, Teena Rose, 2011
“Social Networking for Career Success”, Miriam Salpeter, Learning Express, 2011
“Designing a Cover Letter to ‘Wow’ Hiring Personnel”, Teena Rose, 2010
“The Twitter Job Search Guide”, Jist Publishing, 2010
“Cover Letters for Dummies, 3rd Edition”, John Wiley Publications, 2009
“Expert Resumes for Engineering Professionals”, Jist Publishing, 2008
“Resumes for the Rest of Us: Secrets from the Pros for Job Seekers with Unconventional Career Paths”, Career Press Publishing, 2008
“Directory of Professional Resume Writers: How to Find and Work with a Pro to Accelerate Your Search”, Jist Publishing, 2008
“The Quick Resume & Cover Letter Book, Fourth Edition”, Jist Publishing, 2007
“Military-to-Civilian Resumes and Letters”, Impact Publications, 2007
“No-Nonsense Resumes”, Career Press, 2006
“No-Nonsense Cover Letters”, Career Press, 2006