Favorite Internet Resources for Jobseekers
**I am a member of the Career Collective, a group of resume writers and career coaches. Each month, all members discuss a certain topic. This month, we are talking about favorite resources for job seekers. Please follow our tweets on Twitter #careercollective. You can also view the other member’s interesting posts at the end of the article.
When you are looking for your next job, employment agencies, want ads, and networking can all be used to find leads, but you will certainly want to turn to the Internet as well in conducting your research.
What follows are some of the most popular websites for anyone seeking employment.Some I like, some I’m not crazy about, but they all have their pros and cons. Check them out and let me know what you think!
● Execunet is probably my favorite website for $150K+ executive jobseekers. It has a fantastic reputation for having the jobs they say that they will have (unlike some OTHER websites promoting the same thing) and my clients seem to have great luck with it. There is a small monthly fee, but it is nothing in comparison to the job you will get when using it.
● Netshare is another favorite for $100K+ jobs for execs. They have a database of thousands of executive jobs across all disciplines and locations.
● LinkUp With this company, the job openings are indexed from company websites, not from ‘pay-to-post’ job boards. Thousands of jobs and websites.
● Career Builder is the country’s largest online source for jobs, posting a selection of more than 1.6 million openings. Every month 49.23 million visitors go there, knowing they can find listings for every industry and every type of job. Just remember that number though… 49 million visitors a month. You better have a darn good resume.
● Indeed is a search engine that allows those seeking employment to search jobs posted on a vast array of job boards and company career sites.
● SimplyHired, which is located in Silicon Valley, is in the process of “building the largest online database of jobs on the planet.” They also intend to make job hunting uncomplicated, enjoyable, and effective.
● Exsearches is perfect for individuals seeking government, nonprofit, health, and education sectors of the job market.
● CollegeRecruiter posts a huge number of entry-level online help-wanted listings. Its School Finder program matches individuals who want to continue their education with both traditional and online schools. You will also find a wide selection of blogs, articles, and ‘ask the experts” information here.
● SnagAJob links the United States’ hourly workforce with the jobs they need and want. After registering more than 10 million candidates, they are America’s largest job site for full-time and part-time hourly positions.
Note that you can visit job search engines frequently because they are constantly updated, and they will even tell you how many listings have been added since you last did a search, which will enable you to focus on the ones that are new.
Other articles of interest from the #Career Collective group:
If your industry does not participate online, you can lead the way, @Keppie_Careers
6 Ideas to Put In Your Toolbox, @WorkWithIllness,
Your Best Job Search Resource? You!, @WalterAkana
In a Job Search, Knowledge is Power, @barbarasafani
Jump Start Your Job Search Now!, @resumeservice
Favourite Resources for Jobseekers, @GayleHoward
The Best Job Search Tool Ever, @careersherpa
27 Recommended Blogs for Entry-Level Job Seekers, @heatherhuhman
Invaluable Resources for Job Search Success, @heathermundell
Favorite Social-Media Resources for Job-seekers, @KatCareerGal
Canadian Resources for Job Seekers, @EliteResumes @MartinBuckland
A Self-Empowering Job Search Resource, @KCCareerCoach
Covering your bases: 5 ultra-useful online career resources, @LaurieBerenson
Favorite resources for Job seekers, @DawnBugni
Time as a Career Resource: How “Not” to Squander It, @ValueIntoWords
Written by Erin Kennedy, MCD, CMRW, CPRW - Visit the website to hire executive resume writer Erin Kennedy, CERW, CPRW
Erin is an internationally renowned certified resume writer specializing in professional and executive level resumes and career services.