Do you use Google Alerts? It’s a great way to keep on top of the things you are interested in, and it can be very helpful when you are juggling all the details of a job search. It’s simple to set up notifications for your email or feed for whenever you want to be alerted to mentions of a subject.
Set Google Alerts For Career Leads & More
If you are interested in a particular company, you can ask to be alerted to any mention of that company online and get notified as it happens — once a day or once a week. Other possible subjects include:
- industries in the location where you are moving to
- breaking news about leaders and industry developments
- monitor your online profile so you see what they see when you are researched
- research your field for possible authoritative posts about current issues
- prepare for interviews by having intelligent things to say
Depending on how you set it up, your job search strategies can get a daily dose of helpful information to act upon without having to remember to do repeated research. It all gets sent to your feed or inbox and a quick skim down the list lets you know if anything is worth reading further.
As you do this every day, a gradual building of perspective occurs because you are seeing the big, online picture of the subjects you are interested in. The longer you do it, the more ideas you’ll have for adjusting your particular settings to fit what you are interested in. Automating part of your job search strategies gives you the freedom to focus on what you will do with the things you find.